Septic Pump Out & Service
If you have a septic tank you might wonder: ‘Why does it need to be pumped out or inspected?’ These are the two main reasons:
- Regular pumps outs and proper maintenance avoid future costly repairs.
- Preventing harmful pathogens and bacteria from entering the water table keeps your family and the environment safe.
Avoid these issues with regular tank inspections and pump outs. Our services will:
- Maintain and prolong the life of your system.
- Identify issues critical to performance.
- Offer solutions for adjustments, alterations, or replacements.
- Avoid mishaps and financial loss from a broken-down system.
- Create a service report.
During every service we thoroughly examine your system to detect changes; offer recommendations to improve function; and update you on any current or potential problems. SP Pump & Tanks has years of experience serving Southern Vancouver Island and we have found that most people are unaware of how their systems work. For properties that do not have access to municipal sewage disposal, the alternative is an underground unit where bacteria take care of the bulk of the waste. What remains separates into three layers:
- Solids that settle to the bottom into a layer known as sludge.
- Grease and oil that float to the top as scum.
- Liquids that discharge from the tank and filter through the soil to rejoin the water table.
Maintenance Keeps Your System Working Properly
Septic cleaning and sewage removal. Emptying household septic tank. Cleaning sludge from septic system.
Since your waste disposal network is out of sight beneath the ground, proper septic maintenance is crucial. Constant monitoring and identification of the materials that enter your tank is important knowledge for a property owner. Because the setup relies on bacteria to break things down, it is vital to limit the amount of antibacterial or antiseptic substances that exit your home. A failure of this task could create an inhospitable environment to integral microscopic creatures. Professionals should be contacted to periodically pump out the sludge layer and add bacteria back into the system.
Whether you live in Sooke, Victoria, Langford, or in other areas of South Vancouver Island, contact SP Pump & Tanks for installation, repair, and maintenance of your waste disposal unit. If you notice poor flushing, unpleasant odors, overflow from your tank’s manholes or pools of water in the yard, you could be experiencing a system failure. To learn more about septic tanks or to schedule an appointment for one of our environmental services, give us a call today!